AMS Principal, Donna M. Watson Dillon, DNP, RN, NE-BC spoke on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at the UMASS Graduate School of Nursing for the course on Organization Systems and Healthcare Financing. Donna discussed actual project studies, findings and recommendations for improvement. She reviewed financial metrics and and how to interpret the results.
AMS Principal, Patrick Abrami (below right) was honored on February 23, 2016 as the University of Buffalo Engineer of the Year by Kurt Bessel (below left), Chairman of the Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences Alumni Association. The award is given by the UB Engineering and Applied Science Alumni Association in conjunction with the Order of the Engineer ceremony. The Order of the Engineer is when seniors take what is equivalent to the Hippocratic Oath for Engineers.
AMS has released its Top Ten Healthcare Trends for 2020. This is the 4th time we have done trends, which began back in 1990. Click HERE to download a copy today!
AMS is listed as a Lab Outreach Consultant resource in the October 2015 issue of Medical Lab Management. We are listed on page 10 of the digital edition that can be found HERE.
Shari Robbins, AMS Vice President will be giving a presentation on Project Management for Healthcare on March 18, 2016 at the MHA Conference Center in Burlington. Click HERE for more information and registration.
Donna M. Watson Dillon, DNP, RN, NE-BC, Principal recently wrote an article titled, "Moving From Patient Care to Population Health: A New Competency for the Executive Nurse Leader" that will be published in the February 2015 issue of Nurse Leader. Please visit the Nurse Leader website HERE for subscription information and see below for the full publication article.
Paul Camara, Principal, along with W. Stanley Schofield, President of NorDx, an AMS client that operates 11 labs and 23 patient service centers and is owned by the MaineHealth system are quoted in “CAP TODAY”. “CAP TODAY” is the College of American Pathologists’ (CAP) monthly newsletter. Click here for the link
Applied Management Systems, Inc. (AMS) often publishes articles and papers that reflect trends and key issues within health care.
Click HERE to read "Moving From Patient Care to Population Health: A New Competency for the Executive Nurse Leader" - Written by Donna M. Watson Dillon, DNP, RN, NE-BC, Principal, published in the February 2015 issue of Nurse Leader.
- Click HERE to read “What Every CEO Should Know About Medicare's Recovery Audit Contractor Program” - Co-written by Alan J. Goldberg, FACHE, AMS Partner, and Linda M. Young, JD, RHIA, AMS Senior Consultant and Assistant General Counsel, published in the May-June 2011 issue of Journal of Healthcare Management.
- Click HERE to read "Managing in a Downturn - How Do You Manager in a Global Financial Recession?" - Co-written by Alan J. Goldberg, FACHE, AMS Partner and William D. Petasnick, FACHE, President and CEO, Froedert Hospital and Froedert & Community Health System, Milwaukee Wisconsin. This article was originally published in the May - June 2010 issue of the Journal of Healthcare Management. It will be available on the AMS website for a limited time.
- Click HERE to read "Portion Control Opportunities: Real Time Gains for Hospital Patient Throughput" - Co-written by Alan J. Goldberg, FACHE, AMS Partner and Shari B. Robbins, AMS Vice President. Published in the September-October 2011 issue of Journal of Healthcare Management.
- Click HERE to see the list of upcoming events for the New England Chapter of Health Information Management Systems Society (NE HIMSS).
- Click HERE to see the list of upcoming events for the Massachusetts Chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- On February 8, 2017 AMS Consultants Linda Mynahan and Thomas Souliotis presented a webinar titled, "Learn from Leaders: Challenges in Behavioral Healthcare and Substance Abuse Treatment". Click HERE for the webinar. Click HERE for text slides and more webinar information by Zurick Davis.
Paul Camara, AMS Principal and Sharon Brommer, AMS Senior Vice President to speak on the Pathology Blawg webinar titled: Surviving H.R. 4302: Benchmarking to Improve Your Lab’s Productivity and Operational Performance—and Cut Expenses. This webinar will be held online on June 18, 2014 at 2pm EST. Go to http://pathologyblawg.com/ or more information and registration.
AMS will be speaking at the 21st Annual West Virginia Rural Health Conference on Tuesday, October 21st in Roanoke, West Virginia. Speaking alongside staff from Grant Memorial Hospital, the presentation topic will be, "ICD-9 to ICD-10 Transition in the Rural Health Care Setting". We announced this in a recent biweekly that can be read HERE. Click HERE to be taken to the conference website for more information.
Sharon Brommer, AMS Senior Vice President, will be speaking at the Clinical Laborartory Management Association (CLMA) annual conference to be held at the Rio Hotel in Las Vegas from May 4 - 7. Sharon's break-out session, scheduled on Monday, May 5, is entitled “Achieve Major Cost Savings by Understanding and Implementing Labor Productivity and Expense Benchmarks”. Below is the abstract for her session. For more information, click here to go to the CLMA conference website.
Abstract: Laboratory leaders are facing increasing pressure to streamline operations and reduce expenses. Understanding your own laboratory’s performance and how it compares to peers in the industry is a key component to developing a plan to survive and prosper in the face of declining reimbursement and laboratory consolidation. This session will provide insight into calculating overall lab and sectional productivity in your own laboratory, and interpret and use the results to improve performance. Benchmark data based on hundreds of clinical and anatomic pathology laboratory benchmarking studies will be reviewed, and serves as the basis for examples of actionable recommendations to improve operational performance and decrease cost.