Applied Management Systems (AMS) provides a comprehensive array of health care consulting services to diagnostic imaging departments nationwide. Through on-site engagements in hundreds of hospitals and imaging centers, we have developed an extensive and detailed database of hospital staffing and labor productivity benchmarks in addition to hospital best practice in all key areas of department operations and management. These include patient, staff and data workflow, patient scheduling and registration, CPT-4 coding, results reporting, staff scheduling, space and equipment planning, image management and many others.
AMS health care consulting expertise extends to all diagnostic imaging modalities including diagnostic radiology, mammography, ultrasound, interventional radiology, CT, MR, and nuclear medicine and includes radiology information systems (RIS), picture archiving and communications systems (PACS), and CPT-4 coding. AMS is also frequently engaged in projects important to the practice of radiologists including staffing and productivity, compensation, contract negotiation and other professional services.
AMS diagnostic imaging consulting engagements often include one or more of the following key strategic categories:
- Detailed operational assessments and hospital workflow analyses
- Hospital staffing and labor productivity studies
- Hospital productivity monitoring for professional, technical and support staff
- Process improvement
- CPT-4 coding
- RIS, PACS and voice recognition systems
- Facilities planning and design
- Project management of major equipment installation
- Organizational structure and hospital span of control analysis and recommendations
- Management skills assessment
- Hospital interim management
- Outreach business development and strategic planning
- Radiologist professional practice issues